When a fatty tissue or any other organ pushes itself in a weak place in and around the surrounding area of connective tissue or walls of the muscle, the condition may result in Hernia. This thing won’t get cured on its ad will get develop eventually with in the time.
The type of surgical repair is based on the location, size, and symptoms of the Hernia, along with the person’s lifestyle, health condition, sex, and age.
What is Laparoscopic hernia repair?
Most of the time, this Hernia can be repaired by the surgical procedure. The treatment for this Hernia depends on its size and the symptoms. This laparoscopic hernia repair is a surgical procedure that allows pushing the fatty tissue or another organ back inside the body to its place and keeping it in the location.
What is the procedure to perform Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
- General anaesthesia will be given to you to make you lose consciousness.
- At the beginning of this surgery, a harmless gas such as Carbon dioxide will be inflated in your abdominal region.
- This gas will provide a good look at the internal organs to the doctor.
- Then the surgeon will be made some small incision near the area of Hernia.
- A thin tube which is connected with the tiny little camera will be inserted through one of the incisions made.
- The surgeon can see the images of the inside organs and can repair the Hernia with the help of a mesh.
What are the reasons to perform Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
The doctor recommends this surgery if you have any of the following conditions,
- Incarceration where the tissue gets trapped in the abdominal wall.
- The Hernia will get developed and grow larger.
- It may result in strangulation where the intestine cells may die.
- The blood flow to the tissues will get blocked.
How to prepare for this surgery?
Avoid consuming any food or drink before nine hours of your surgery. Consult with your surgeon about taking your prescribed drugs before the surgery. You may need to avoid some of them as they can lead to blood clotting or any other issues during the surgery.
What is the result of this surgery?
You will be given instruction to avoid Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) for a week or two. People tend to get recover normally fasted with the laparoscopic hernia repair than the other two surgical methods. Usually, most of the people can get back to their routine within a week or two.