The condition in which the formation of the tear in the tissues present in the anal canal is known as an Anal fissure. The damages may cause severe pain due to the bleeding.
What are the methods to diagnose anal fissure?
The fissures can easily be diagnosed by the doctor through the symptoms. But also they may use an Ana scope to perform a physical examination to detect the crack. The doctor may need to examine the sigmoidal colon, the lower part of the colon. For this purpose, the patient would be made to undergo a surgery called colonoscopy.
What are the symptoms of Anal Fissure?
- Troubled and painful feelings due to bowel movements, primarily because of urination.
- Bleeding (minimal effect) in stools
- Pain, redness, itching, and burning around the region of the anus.
- will be discharged with a bad or foul smell
What are the causes of Anal Fissure?
The anal sphincter, which is the muscle present in the anus, gets exposed due to the formation of the tear. The exposure causes spasms in the muscle and causes pain in the region. If the patient experiences the fissure for less than six weeks, the condition is acute, while if it exceeds more than six weeks, it is considered as a chronic fissure. It can occur due to Constipation, Severe diarrhoea and dehydration.
What are the methods to treat anal fissure?
- Rectiv is a nitro-glycerine which is used to stimulate the healing and relaxes the muscles of the anus, annual sphincter. It can be applied in external areas and increases the blood flow to the fissure.
- Botox injection is known as Botulinum toxin Type A and can paralyse the anal sphincter to relax the muscle spasms.
- Nifedipine and Diltiazem are medications that are used for blood pressure. They induce the relaxation of muscles. They can be consumed by oral administration.
- Surgery would be recommended by the doctor when the condition is found to be chronic. Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS) is customarily performed by cutting the minimal part of anal sphincter muscles. It would reduce the spasm and pain in the flesh.