Dr Rajesh Vunnamatla
Dr. Rajesh Vunnamatla is a Best Surgical Gastroenterologist in Hyderabad. He is an exceptionally skilled surgeon and working as a Consultant Laparoscopic Surgeon & Bariatric Surgeon at Sunshine Hospitals Hyderabad. He is eminent doctor expertise as a non-transplant Hepatobiliary Surgeon.
He pursued MS in the department of General Medicine in the prestigious Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada. His passion and commitment towards medicine made him one of the best Laparoscopic Surgeon & Bariatric Surgeon in Hyderabad at a very young age. He has immense 15+ years of experience as Gastroenterologist & unparalleled expertise in treating various GI problems and performing laparoscopic surgeries.
He has his MBBS from the renowned Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam. He has intense training and vast experience in performing various surgeries.
Dr. Rajesh Vunnamatla is a one-stop solution for most severe conditions and he had enormous experience and gained exposure in managing a wide variety of surgical problems.
- Working as a Consultant advanced laparoscopic surgeon, gastro, bariatric and non-transplant HPB surgeon at Sunshine Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Worked as a Junior Consultant in the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology and liver transplant in National Institute of Gastroenterology (Sai Vani Super Speciality Hospitals), Hyderabad
- Worked as a Junior Consultant in the Department of Surgical Gastro and liver transplantation at Global Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Worked as a Senior Resident in Basavataarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute (BIACH and RI).
- Worked as a Senior Resident in MNJ Institute of Oncology and Regional Center, Hyderabad.
- Worked as a Senior Resident at Seven Hills Hospital, Visakhapatnam in the department of GI Surgery.
- Fellowship in GYAN BURMAN fellowship for 3 months & observership for 3 months in the department of surgical gastro and liver transplant at Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi.
- Fellowship in advanced laparoscopic surgery ( FALS ) – HPB, BARIATRIC, Hernia, Upper GI and colorectal
- Fellowship in Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons (FIAGES)
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS)
- Fellow of association of surgeons of India (FAIS)
- Fellow of Indian medical association and academy of medical specialities (FIMA – AMS)
- Fellowship in Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEMS) – Vienna, AUSTRIA
- Fellow of association of colorectal surgeons of India (FACRSI)
- Fellowship in Endoscopic (e – FIAGES)
- Member of AP medical council
- Member of ASI (Association Of Surgeons Of India)
- Member of IMA ( Indian Medical Association )
- Member of IAGES (Indian Association Of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons)
- Member of AMASI (Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India)
- Member of HSI (Hernia Society of India) and APHS (Asia Pacific Hernia Society)
- Member of ACRSI (Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India)
- Member of OSSI ( Obesity Surgeons Society of India ) and IFSO
- Member of WALS (World Association of Laparoscopy)
- Member of IASG (Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterologists)
- Member of IHPBA (International Hepato Pancreatic Biliary Association)
Surgical Experience & Expertise Areas
Gallbladder & CBD Stone Disease
- Cholecystectomy Surgery for gall bladder stones and polyps
- Immense experience in laparoscopic gallbladder surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery for CBD exploration
- Hepaticojejunostomy or duodenostomy for CBD stones
- Liver resections for tumours and hemangiomas
- Liver Transplantation for end-stage liver diseases
- Open or Laparoscopic pericystectomy for Hydatid cysts
- Splenectomy devascularization and shunt surgeries for CLD, EHPVO, NCPF with Portal HTN
- LPJ, FREY’S for chronic pancreatitis
- Whipple’s for pancreatic cancers
- Necrosectomy for pancreatic necrosis
- Cystogastrostomy for pseudocysts
- Laparoscopic splenectomy for spleen disorders
- Oesophagus or Esophagus, Stomach and GEJ
- Lap fundoplications for hiatus hernia
- Lap hellers cardiomyotomy for achalasia cardia
- Lap gastrojejunostomy for ulcer disease
- Gastrectomy and esophagectomy for cancers
Master in laparoscopic hernia repairs who can repair any kind of hernia laparoscopically
- TEP, TAPP for Inguinal hernia repair
- e-TEP, IPOM & IPOM plus, and lap component separation for umbilical, incisional, lumbar and recurrent hernia
- SCOM for divarication of recti or Diastasis recti – he has done highest number of SCOM in city
Bariatric Surgery For Weight Loss
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Mini Gastric Bypass
Expert in Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- ICU management of all kinds of septic patients
- Vast experience in managing emergency & complicated appendix infections such as acute appendicitis, appendicular abscess, appendicular perforation with peritonitis Laparoscopically.
- Intestinal obstruction
- Bowel gangrenes
- Hollow viscous Perforations (gastric, duodenal, small bowel and colonic)
- Managing of UGI and lower GI bleeding
- Managing of cholangitis patients
- Surgical management of abdominal trauma associated with liver, spleen, pancreas, biliary system and other viscera).